Friday, November 4, 2011

And we're off!

We're finally off to Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos.  J and I wanted to pack only one bag between the two of us (you know, the whole travel lightly concept that's so hard to actually do) and somehow managed to accomplish this late last night.  Basically, we have 1 bag and 1 book bag between the 2 of us for 3 weeks...eeeeks! 

We're equipped with tons of meds (hoping we never have to use them), Cheetos/Fritos, and spicy Indian snacks.  I'm sure the snacks will come in handy during our 6 hour bus ride from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap...more on that later.   I'm hoping to blog during our trip because it will help me remember the things I did.  Please visit the blog and leave some motivation, life updates, whatever!   We will both need it.  

Jhumpa Lahiri once wrote "Do yourself a favor. Before it's too late, before thinking too much about it first, pack a pillow and a blanket and see as much of the world as you can."  And we're off to do just that.

The only thing I'm worried about is my basil plant.  Poor thing will not stand a chance without any water for a few weeks :o( 


First stop: JFK to Saigon

7 comments:

  1. Great start to your blog chica!!! Damn the N&J Team packed way lighter than P&F ever have...we always have two backpacks (the big ones - not the little ones)....although I'm really interested in how you managed that with all that food you seemed to have packed!!! Did you pack clothes??? Ha ha - can't wait to hear about your travels...Lots of love - Priti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you many fun adventures!!! cant wait to read about them in real-time. - Emu

    ReplyDelete
  3. good-luck, Enjoy your trip...
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. omG, Neelam, this is going to be great. BTW, I didnt see any rain in the pics...

    We are having a beautiful sunnyday here in NY...
    look forward to traveling with you....
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the reason there are no updates is because you are having the best time and too busy to sit still. We are having fabulous weather here and hope u r too......
    How's the food? Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food is pretty good, we can't have authentic Khmer food because they are all about the meat!! But we found some vegan Asian food here that's been pretty good. And yes I wanted to update yesterday but I was in so much pain from walking up and down the temples :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neelam, u r the best documenting your travel.
    you willl have to show me when i go to thailand.

    those pics are awesome...traveling beats any education u can possibly get sitting in a classroom. keep it up....hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete